Logo

Caterpillar D334 literature

S

shu hadjiatanassov

" Some time ago we posted here

" Some time ago we posted here a question about
identifying an old Caterpillar engine. Eventually,
not without Andrew's help (Thanks Andrew!) we
identified the engine as Caterpillar D334.
Unfortunately now we have the next problem --
absolutely no documentation available. We know
_nothing_ about the engine. Extensive Internet
search turned out, you guessed it, nothing.
Posting on this site literature request form...,
yes you guessed it - no reply.

Any information -- even bits and pieces like in
what revolutions range the thing is supposed to
work would be very much appreciated. A copy of a
manual would be of course lovely.

Thanks,

-- Shu "

"Shu,

Sorry that I didn&#39

"Shu,

Sorry that I didn't get back to you on the literature request... we try to respond to all, but sometimes one will slip between the cracks.

I don't have any manuals for the D334, but I would think that a Caterpillar dealer would be able to get them for you.

I have posted a couple of pages of specs for you that include a horsepower curve... they are large files and may be slow loading:

D334 spec 1
D334 spec 2

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andrew"

" Thanks a _lot_, Andrew!

P

" Thanks a _lot_, Andrew!

Pages you have posted are not just helpfull but insanely great! Thanks.

Local dealer (if judged by our experience) will either not help or take few years to actually do anything. Alas...

But what you have sent us is enough to start doing some work. Hopefully meanwhile we get full manual.

Thanks,

-- Shu "

To what negative consequances

To what negative consequances could lead the crankcase high pressure in the industrial diesel engines?

"Shu: I am actually running a

"Shu: I am actually running a D334 in a 50 foot charter boat. Max RPM 1800 / 300 HP. I have been trying also to find a history of the engine. Parts and manuals are easily available except new or rebuilt heads. I expect ongoing good service from this engine.

[email protected]"

" I have also been searching f

" I have also been searching for info on the Cat D334. I have a pair of them in my 45' Hatteras tri cabin. They run great,however trying to get any history or firsthand user information seems to be impossible. It's like they are the ugly stepchild of Cat. I do have the manuals but they do not tell me what end users have encountered, good or bad. Did 334's have a low production numbers for marine use? They seem to have been used alot for generators but not much else. If anyone has any info or knows of any posted anywhere please let me know. Thanks, Bill LaRoche "

I am a new member in Alabama U

I am a new member in Alabama USA. I own a Nova Scotia built Lobsteryacht Sedan 45' that I understand was commissioned by CAT as a demonstration boat for the D334 marine engine. I have a fully functional D334 providing power and just completed an 18 day trip from New Jersey to Alabama running at 1800 RPM for 12 hours a day at 10 kts. I have some limited infermation on the engine including a fairly involved owners manual which indicates some of teh stats on the engine. I would like to see if we can pool some of the information to get a better idea of what we have. Ken

I have a pair of D334 on my b

I have a pair of D334 on my boat (60'cruiser)they run great.I have overhauled them last year and they are probably good for 10 years.I have been able to buy spare parts in Holland and usa.Cat apparently stopped the production as they were too expensive to build and have replaced them by next model 3306.
I have parts and service manuals.
claude

"Hi chaps, if you can possibly

"Hi chaps, if you can possibly help... myself and a few freinds have just bought an oldish tug we intend to use for diving, with a D334 Cat in it, and we could realy do with some help with the specs, i have a bit of info of a later modle, but it isnt quite right...

Many Thanks"

Back