Logo

Outboard 120hp force 1991 possible problems

darin

I have recently purchased a b

I have recently purchased a boat with a 120hp force engine. It has been rebuilt. It is a 1991 model. My question : is this a reliable engine I have recently heard that this year was a bad year for that model. What have you heard? The other question I have is where to tie on for skiing and wakeboarding? It only has tie downs for holding the boat to a dock and they are not reinforced. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Darin

" Darin,

As for tha

" Darin,

As for that engine, I have never heard anything good about any Force; from what I have gathered they were designed to be less expensive than the Merc's or Mariner's, and this translates into a difference in reliability. I think it's like how we have GM/GMC/Chevy and then Geo (the cheap conterpart).. but, with a used engine what really matters is the condition, and with a engine that was recently rebuilt, you probably can expect reliability. As for wakeboarding, they make stainless U blots for this that have a backing plate on the front and the back, they use two sets of nuts. The U bolt goes through the transom of the boat, with a plate on the inside, one on the outside, and the nuts squeezing the transom in between the plates. Put one on each side and then you've got two strong places to hook onto, any boat shop carries this stuff.

Jon "

Back