Logo

No water coming out of small hole

stephen

" Hi
Just bough a yamaha 8 hp

" Hi
Just bough a yamaha 8 hp 2 seasons old inside looks great nearly new, one problem though the wter isnt coming out of the outlet? for cooling? i cleaned out the small pipe and at the bottom i cleaned out the two filters! but i noticed like a lump of solid buildup on the underpart of the shank above the propeler got it off and the cover there was also deteriorated took out the screw and cleaned it out, but still no water?

Any idea's?

Tnx
Stephen.c "

" sounds to me that the impell

" sounds to me that the impeller is breaking apart, when that happens you may find pieces of rubber comming out. "

" So it's called the impel

" So it's called the impeller! well it was actually looking like one flat stone of salt? it broke off compleatly and there is just a screw left, the engine is really new and in great condition? can this hole be blocked? or if i buy a new impeller will it be fixed? what is an impeller? is it just a vent to stop rubbish going up? if so then something else is wrong.

Thanks i still need advise if anyone can help me.

Rgds

Stephen "

" the impeller is your cooling

" the impeller is your cooling system.it pumps water through the engine , there is a post just a few above yours and it explains the funtion of the impeller, and the location. if you replace the impeller the water will begin to flow, and will come out the little hole (pee hole) "

" You'd better change the

" You'd better change the impeller before it fails and you have an overheat. Possibly the problem is not the impeller, but the water tube. You might want to take a wire or piece of trimmer line up the water hole, and you should also blow out the line with compressed air if possible. Don't screw with the cooling system. It's really important. "

Back