Logo

78 Evinrude outboard 15 hp wont stay running

tunaonfire

"Has new fuel pump, new plugs,

"Has new fuel pump, new plugs, carb overhauled, commpression check good, pressure test in piston is good, new tank and fuel lines, runs excellent but i still have to pump the prime ball to keep it running. Everything is new and i need some LOBSTERS. Please help! This has been the 5th time back to the shop for this problem. Yes breather is good on fuel tank. Thanx!"

If pumping the fuel line bulb

If pumping the fuel line bulb keeps it running then it's either the fuel pump not pumping (pulse connection OK?) or there is air entering the fuel line. Connector OK ?

Disconnect the fuel line from the carb or the pump outlet and spin the motor over. You should get spurts of fuel from the pump if all is well there.

The fuel pump is brand new car

The fuel pump is brand new carb is rebuilt fuel lines and connection are all new. i tried everything. the guys at the shop cant figure it out. I changed the fuel pump same problem. changed out the tank and lines same problem. Carb rebuilt (so they say) same problem. is it something deeper that that theres nothing left to replace. Thanx for the reply!

Back