Logo

AQ130C exhust manifold gasket

jthorst

"I have an AQ130c and the exhu

"I have an AQ130c and the exhust manifold gasket blew. When I took the exhust manifold off I noticed that the engine head surface is a little rough around the two inside exhust ports. I am contemplating removing the engine head and having it resurfaced, but I am worried that I'll get into more problems than I'd solve if I do this. I have multiple questions as I decide what to do: How big a job is removing the engine head? The engine was rebuilt about 12 years ago and the engine head gasket seems to be in good shape and the head is not warped. How flat do the exhust ports need to be? How can I check if I'm within those tolerances? Can you confirm that Sierra Part #18-2928 is the right exhust manifold gasket for an AQ130c? Many thanks!"

One additional question. My ti

One additional question. My tilt/trim motor stopped working and I see that Sierra has a motor repair kit (part # TR223). My motor is an Electrolux with the follow number stamped on it K53448/240 12V and then underneath 73 10. Would anyone know if the above part is the correct repair kit for this tilt/trim motor? Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers!

Back