Logo

Increasing 318 power most simple solution

Agreed! And the older ones swa

Agreed! And the older ones swap without any parts needed other than the LU itself.

Jeff

"Not to forget the re-shimming

"Not to forget the re-shimming of the vertical shaft tapered roller bearing race!
Other than that, piece of cake!

I did the DP upgrade to my twin engine 28' SND F/B years ago. What an unbelieveable improvement!
I must now hand out neck braces to my passengers! LOL

."

"While a new lower unit is a g

"While a new lower unit is a great idea, that is a lot more expensive than either a cam or new intake. But hey if he's got the money, then I definitely agree with that!!"

"Granted, you could do a camsh

"Granted, you could do a camshaft and new fuel delivery system for much less. But trust me, you could not gain as much of an improvement, even if spending more for top quality components!"

"I agree with those in favor o

"I agree with those in favor of the lower unit. Performance-wise, you probably won't notice the cam/intake upgrade (aside from a lousy idle).

When it comes to 318's, the heads are the restriction. Unless they're addressed, it's tough to get your money's worth out of other performance upgrades/bolt-on's."

"[b]"When it comes to 318&

""When it comes to 318's, the heads are the restriction. Unless they're addressed, it's tough to get your money's worth out of other performance upgrades/bolt-on's."

Yep, that and the SBF engines. Great if you can get them to breathe!"

"Well Ricardo, How about a per

"Well Ricardo, How about a perf. long block for us Chrysler orphans....? : )"

Back