Logo

Sears Wizard 1971 75hpwater or air cooled

dawnfogg

Contributing Member
"Got a pretty basic outboard w

"Got a pretty basic outboard with a jon boat I just bought. Was told it is a 7.5 hp Sears (wizard) outboard. Put it in a bucket and the motor ran fine. Never saw any water coem out of two ports have way up the shaft- only exhaust. Any way to tell if this is a water cooled motor or air cooled? If it is water cooled, where is the pump? Also, any intel on locating a service manual would be helpful. Thanks"

"There is a water pump in the

"There is a water pump in the lower unit for cooling the lower unit. I replaced mine.Still didn't see much difference after.Read here that with most sears engines very little mist will be seen, and most of these engines only pump water when in gear.My impeller was missing two fins, so it needed replacing, but i also had a gasket leaking under engine(deflector plate) so I figured that was why i wasn't seeing water at the exhaust ports like I should.Water was comming out on bottom of engine at that little port so i guess the pump was working.Good Luck.."

"Thaanks for the info. May nee

"Thaanks for the info. May need to replace the gasket, because i see oil/grease leakng out the bottom of the lower unit."

Back