Logo

Help with Sea King 152 Montgomery Ward

wwells

model number. 14EA-8818A

it

model number. 14EA-8818A

it is a 15.2 HP motor which i have found out that it is most likely a early 40's motor and it looks like an airplane engine.

but i would like to know the specific year and an approximate value or some place that i could use for reference and for future finds. any help is greatly appreciated.

"Hard to get exact year withou

"Hard to get exact year without serial number and even then it may be impossible due to poor record keeping in the early years. Made by Evinrude from 40 to 42. The source many AOMCI members use for ID of old motors is a book by Peter Hunn (The Old Outboard Book Third Edition) which lists the motor as a Sea King Giant Twin (Evinrude model 375). Value depends on condition, location, time of year, interest in the model, where/how it is listed for sale, and what you are willing to accept. Hunn's book has a chapter devoted to possible prices that puts the motor in the $20 - $150 range. The aomci site is great for info on the year or availability of parts but they are forbidden by the rules of the site not to offer values."

Back