Logo

Having problems with boat

chebur928

"the other day i took the boat

"the other day i took the boat out and it ran fine killed the engine twice once a tried to start up on the third time it just seat there and turned over no start once i loaded up i pulled around and trimmed up the engine and notice a little bit of gas dripping when i squeeze the bulb it tightens, i thought maybe i flooded it but the way to choke it is by pushing in the key then today i put the muffs on and it started right up what could this be"

I had the same motor a while b

I had the same motor a while back do the same thing to me. It turned out to be the switch box. Left me hanging the first time I thought that I flooded it also. But I checked spark when I got home and nothing. The next day out of pure curiosity I tried to start it again and it fired right up. Thinking this was a fluke I took the boat out again and it left me hanging again. The way I tested it was I put a digital volt meter on the stator leads going into the switch box then cranked the motor. I got a reading from that test but then I connected the volt meter to the coil lead and got nothing. Telling me I was gettin power to the switch box but not the coils. Also check you ignition wires.

did u have gas dripping once y

did u have gas dripping once you got off the lake?thats whats leads me to the flooded theory.i also thought that maybe the choke is sticking could that be possibe?

its possible. Yes after crank

its possible. Yes after cranking the motor when i was trying to leave i had gas coming out of the silencer. If your motor is cranking but not firing your going to flood it. two strokes are like vacuums every time they crank they gather more fuel. If your choke system was stuck you would never be able to idle. Or keep the motor running for that matter.

Back