Logo

Will Merc LU interchange with Mariner LU

onefor1two

"Looks like my 60 HP Mariner l

"Looks like my 60 HP Mariner lower unit is toast I was wondering if a Merc. LU would work, as I have been looking on craigslist and found a few 1989 Merc. 60 HP LU's. My Mariner serial # is 0B396769, I believe its an 1989. And I need to know how to cross reference to the Mercs. I have also checked the (what year and model my outboard is thread) and no luck. What are my exact specs for my Mariner? Also will a 40 or 50 HP Mariner lower unit work? Thanks again for all the great info on this site!"

"Yes, it's an 89 model and

"Yes, it's an 89 model and it's a Mercury/Mariner, so just a Merc painted grey with different stickers.

In that vintage (upto and including the 1994 model year for sure) the 50, 55 and 60 horse models shared many parts, including the lower unit, so you have a pretty good group to scavenge from - particulary the 50's which is one of Merc's best selling motors...."

galamb - Thanks for the info..

galamb - Thanks for the info... is my LU 20".....What about the 40 and 50 horse Mariners? Are the 40 - 60 Mariners all the same LU?

Count the splines at top of dr

Count the splines at top of drive shaft if they're the same # and the shaft is the same length it should bolt right up

Back