Logo

Used outboard prices

piperdog

"hello,ive been offered a 1987

"hello,ive been offered a 1987 90 hp evinrude ,2 stroke vro for £1000, with controls and electrics ..lets presume everything is as it should be ,and in good condition ,is there any guide lines to working out the prices of used otboards ,what ever the make,,thanks tony"

"ive looked ,but its totally u

"ive looked ,but its totally unrealistic ,no way can you buy a used outboard for anything near what they value them at"

When your getting into a motor

When your getting into a motor of this age its really up to you on how much you want to spend. 22 years is a long time. But you cant put a motor together for less. If its in good condition and you not going to spend another 1500 to keep it running then it could be a good deal. Good luck.

those numbers are wrong.....re

those numbers are wrong.....retail on 1994 evinrude 88 for less than 700?you are kidding...the suggested retail when new is 2k too high too...that motor sold for about 4k when i bought it...new...

Well what can I say. You cant

Well what can I say. You cant buy a 50hp new for less that $6000 today so like I said Its up to you. When your getting into a motor of that age its not about re-sale value cause no one would ever buy that motor in hopes of selling it for profit unless they got it for a couple hundred bucks. Check the cost of used outboards for sale online not the nada value. If you look up the nada value on some boats for sale you will see that the vale is ridiculously low on boats that you cant even touch for that price listed on nada. Good luck.

"well ive knocked it down to 8

"well ive knocked it down to 850,due to not being cosmetically perfect,if i prime using aluminium primer ,can i use car paint"

tony i suggest using factory m

tony i suggest using factory manufactured paint due to its properties it may cost more but it will last longer than auto paint in marine applications

Back