Logo

Assistance with Mariner 8hp

v8dude

I have a Mariner 8hp that was

I have a Mariner 8hp that was woring fine in wheelie bin filled with water. When taken out on the boat it worked fine for a while then loaded up and stoped. I eventually refired engine but it would die as soon as put in gear. I then took engine home and put back in wheelie bin and cleaned carbie and filter and checked all lines. The engine refired and seemed fine and put in gear and worked well. I did notice the first time it fired in bin after on boat the exhaust hole was partialy blocking but still expellling water I removed obstruction. Can someone assist me in what this problem could be as I dont want it to spoil another days fishing

"Could have been a bit of bad

"Could have been a bit of bad gas. On your line to the engine do you have a inline fuel filter, if not probably wouldn't be a bad idea. If you had to clean the carbs after you came back and put it in the tub and worked fine then could have something to do with ur gas."

The gas was fresh bought that

The gas was fresh bought that morning and mixed 50:1 with Valvoline outboard oil. I did notice when I returned that the line out of the fuel tank to engine was loose

"Well that could have been the

"Well that could have been the culprit as well, the ratio between gas and air. Too much air can cause it run slower because its not getting the much needed gasoline for it to run."

Back