Logo

What is the best engine flush for a 43 ltr V6

mpt

Contributing Member
"I must have a gasket leak, bu

"I must have a gasket leak, but first I want to pump out the bad oil. It turned light brown color and is so thick it's like a milkshake. I am having difficulty trying to get all of the oil out through my Jabsco hand pump that I screw on the dipstick tube. I heard putting diesel into the block will dilute it down. I want to remove the oil so it won't rust parts inside the block. I don't have time to disassemble motor until later. Any suggestions on how to flush it out would be greatly appreciated!
Marc"

"New oil and filter and then r

"New oil and filter and then run it to warm the engine if you can.
New oil and filter/run it/drain it.
New oil and filter/run it/drain it.

And no, that is not an error.... you will want to do this several times.
You can use inexpensive non-detergent cheap oil and bargain price filters (plural).... but you'd better do it.

,"

"Now that I successfully remov

"Now that I successfully removed the bad water/oil blend from my block, the next step is for me is to do a compression test on all 6 cylinders. I had to run the engine (removed external water pump belt) enough to warm up block in order to thin the tainted oil. After taking Ricardo's advice I performed 3 oil changes (4 qts. oil and 1 qt. Mystery oil). I was being very careful not to run engine long without water hose attached to out-drive and after the 3rd oil change, I noticed the engine started purring like a cat(I ran it no more than 700 rpms). I am very familiar on how to do a compression test, but can't remember what the compression specs are for my engine. It's a '96 Campion Explorer with a 4.3 GS (or GL) V6 Chevy block. I will put fresh oil back in the engine before I start the test, but I need to know what my compression spec range is. I can go ahead with the test and log down the results in the mean time. I will post results later after I do the test. If I get good results, and all cylinders are in close range of each other, than I am not sure what to do next in finding out how all of that water got into my engine last Saturday! I'm praying it's something simple like a blown head gasket. Any more advice would be very appreciated!
Marc"

Back