Logo

2002 200 EFI OIL ALARM keeps sounding

bobaloo

"Oil in both tanks full so I c

"Oil in both tanks full so I checked probe inside reservoir and got an open reading on ohmeter(according to manual this should be normally closed )bought a new probe (switch) whatever you want to call it. and before installing tested with ohmeter, got an open reading again. installed switch and still open . I tried to stick a wire in the reservoir to find the float but came up empty .Is there a float in this model or maybe I purchased a bad switch? next step ? new reservoir or should new switch give a closed reading? Please advise"

"There is a float with a magne

"There is a float with a magnet on it - that is usually what breaks. It then sinks to the bottom, completing the connection which gives you the false oil alarm.

The float is not available separately (comes as part of the tank assembly).

So either disconnect it and be vigilant about keeping the oil topped up, or open your wallet and get a new tank assembly..."

Open reading sounds good. A se

Open reading sounds good. A sensor would work on a closed circuit to sound alarm.
If possible remove tank drain and tip upside down for open circuit and right way uf for closed circuit

It is possible to glue the mag

It is possible to glue the magnet back onto the float. You have to drain the tank and reach in with a makeshift tool and lift the spring washer by pushing the center up. Then you can take the float and magnet out and epoxy them together again.

Back