Logo

Sea water impeller question

kevincave

"my boat is a 76 searay, 24ft

"my boat is a 76 searay, 24ft 330mie. motor has been replaced with 1993 gen 5 454 chev. the new motor requires a different fuel pump because the newer engines weren't machined with a pump. former owner used a sea water pump that also has the fuel pump attached. upon dissassembling the motor for a rebuild and installing the motor i cannot for the life of me figure out how the belt adjusts for the impeller unit. the impeller pump is bolted, with no adjustment, to the mounting bracket. the bracket bolts directly to the motor with no adjustment. the only way to run the belt around an adjustable pulley is by routing around the alternator, which puts it around 4 pulleys makes the belt very long and no matter how much you tighten it, it slips. the only schematics i can see are not very good pics and show belt from bottom pulley to impeller pump only. i have spent 3 full days trying to reconfigure belt/pulley scenerios. i need help!:confused: i also cannot find a pic or anything on an impeller/fuel pump combo. thanks k cave"

Back