Logo

1953 johnson 10hp

johnson1

"Hi everyone i have 53 johnson

"Hi everyone i have 53 johnson 10hp outboard motor i just bought a new water pump impeller from my local dealer when i went to replace it with the new one the old one has a steel bushing in the middle where the new one that i have does not have that and its to small to fit over the shaft iam just trying to find out if i have the right one or not the part number on the bag of the new one is part# 434424 any help would be greatly appreciated
294907.jpg
"

The correct part# is 375638 th

The correct part# is 375638 that changed to 775518. Or you can go to your local NAPA store and order a Sierra 18-3002.

I now have the right impeller

I now have the right impeller now when i put it on does the impeller have to be put into the housing first or do you put the impeller on then put the housing over it

"inst imp,..grease well,the hs

"inst imp,..grease well,the hsng,..as u turn d-shaft clockwise,slide hsng over it,..in one motion...never turn,cc wise."

"I've dismantled some over

"I've dismantled some over the years where one or two fingers can get reversed. This is uncommon, however. To be sure just install while turning the shaft (looking from the top) clockwise so all fingers squeeze into pump housing correctly."

Back