Logo

Transmission wonbt go into gear

bubela

"I have a 93 Ski Nautique with

"I have a 93 Ski Nautique with the 5.8L Ford and a transmission that worked fine, then all of the sudden would not go in to gear. Anyone know where I should start to try and fix this problem?
Thanks,
-bob-"

"make sure it has enough fluid

"make sure it has enough fluid in it first. if that's okay, check the control valve.

pull the conrol cable off at the gear. try shifting it by hand. if it works by hand, figure out what's broke in the cable/control side. if it won't go into gear by hand, probably time to pull the gear. You can always put a pressure gauge on to assess the state of the pump before pulling the gear."

"My PCM 40 1:1 will not go int

"My PCM 40 1:1 will not go into forward or reverse. Bought the boat took it out and pulled skiers 2 times and took a couple sharp turns and would feel the tranny slip. Then she left me stranded. Looked at the fluid and it was low and milky. Pumped out and replaced. Need to know what to do and what fluid I should have used! I am prepared to pull the Tranny and attmept a rebuil myself and if it does not work I found a new one for 1300.00. Where do I get parts, what should I look for, what fluid, what is the easiest way to remove from Bell housing and mounts?"

"Brandon.
If you have milky o

"Brandon.
If you have milky oil in trans...get it out!completely And change your trans cooler!
If the trans did crap out, changing trans is easy,
unbolt shaft, 4 bolts and 2 studs hold it in, no need to remove bell housing. The mounts, unbolt from stringer and cables and wires. jack up engine about 3" , slide gear out.
Not that bad."

Back