Logo

Break Time Joe

joereeves

Gold Medal Contributor
"Time for me to back out of he

"Time for me to back out of here for awhile. I've been neglecting many other areas, chores, etc for some time and can't put these things off any longer. Amazing how many hours I spend in front of this machine with the marine forums.

Seems like all I've been doing lately is repeating myself anyway, so whatever I've had to say can be found via the search method. If I've stepped on any toes of other members with my opinions, it was not intentional.... just a case of clashing opinions.

Now, off to repairing a few computers, cutting the grass, cleaning up about 1-1/2" of dust in this computer room, making up ads for eBay, washing my truck, my wifes car, and the dog. Not going to attempt to wash the cat. Clean the dead branches off the roof, pressure wash the roof shingles, the driveway, sidewalk, and surrounding wooden fence boards. Fix anything leaking, strengthen and brace a few sagging shelves, clean the back and bottom of two refrigerators, and paint anything that my wife orders repainting.

I'm sure that I'll find something else to do tomorrow also.(grin)

Happy Boating Fellows (Joe)"

"Joe,

The knowledge you hav

"Joe,

The knowledge you have left here will serve many people well for years to come, but your prescence will be missed.

I, for one, do not mind having my toes stepped on by someone who obviously knows more than me.

Thanks for everything."

"Enjoy your 'holiday',

"Enjoy your 'holiday', Joe, I know how life is.
Just back after 14 days in Kuala Lumpur to celebrate Harirayah and not to forget repaint parts of my house down there.Had a new roof made and a bit more recently. No internet, no comp -just 'holiday'!! Can not quite understand how I had time to work in the 'old' days, must have been neglecting something else.
We will try to continue your good spirit while waiting for your return."

Funny how addicting the intern

Funny how addicting the internet can be. I for one am glad I copy and pasted many of Joe's canned answers for future reference. THANK YOU for all that you have done.

Stop back once in a while to chat. We need an off topic forum on here.

Don't forget to brush the dog and cat's teeth. You forgot to mention that chore.

"Joe,

Thanks as always for

"Joe,

Thanks as always for the great contributions you have made here and elsewhere.
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

We will miss you and will await your return. Hope you can get most of the list done and rejoin us again soon.

Best regards,

Andrew"

"I don't post here much, b

"I don't post here much, but I read every day. I was just telling my wife how much I have learned from you and some others on this board. I always look forward to your responses and have gained so much from them. So get caught up and hurry back.

I could help you get caught up, but my wife won't let me paint since the bathroom incident. (Have you tried painting outside the lines? It helps deter further jobs.) And I don't really mind the dust, as long as it hasn't gathered on my boat."

"I have a 25hp 1978 evinrude t

"I have a 25hp 1978 evinrude that is impossible to pull start. I did a compression test, ok .Ialso removedthe lower unit to see if something was locked up. with the sparkplugs out, the enging still pulls slow. you can turn the flywheel by hand with very little resistance. where these engines that hard to start. the cord will pull about half way before it feels like the compresson stops it . any advise on the matter is well appreciated."

This topic was started by Joe

This topic was started by Joe to tell us he'd be away doing other things for a while.

Don't understand why you have resurrected it and used it to ask a question about your engine.
You should have started a new topic of your own.

However if the engine can be turned by hand without difficulty then it is probably just the compression that is beating you.

"Joe, Thanks for the informati

"Joe, Thanks for the information that you have given. It seems that you always have the correct answer. I hope you get all of your HoneyDOOs done."

"i dont understand whats going

"i dont understand whats going on here....did someone just post a problem on joe,s old entry or is joe going away for a while again?"

"Hey guys, I apollogize for th

"Hey guys, I apollogize for the intrusion. but Im a newby and didnt know better. Ill do a little more research next time."

"[i]" I apollogize for the

"" I apollogize for the intrusion" Nothing like starting off by putting your foot in it.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum.

Seriously the trouble with doing what you have done is that loads will not bother to read it cos we all know Joe's having another break from forums and some will ignore your because you've "done wrong".

Other times if you tag a question onto a current topic (even if it is similar) the trouble is that the answers all get muddled up and it's difficult to figure out which answers belong to which question.

Rule then is new question ... start new discussion.

Oh and dont ever use upper case letters ... thats SHOUTING and people dont like it.
happy.gif

Cheers ... Next question."

Back