Logo

Wont go above 2400 revs when under load so wont go on plain

marting

"I have a sealine with 2 penta

"I have a sealine with 2 penta Kad 42 engines 1999 I have full revs when not in gear but put in gear and the revs will max at just over 2000revs 9 Knots max, it use to go 35 Knots.Cable operated not electronic. I noticed on previous discussions that calibration could be issue , if so how do I do this? ( The hull is spotless) Help please anyone"

"Could this be the failure of

"Could this be the failure of one of your superchargers to fully engage?

I noticed, one year, when I first operated my boat (with twin 200HP diesels) that RPM's on one engine topped out about 1850-1900RPM's. Backing down RPM's on both engines, we moved through the water at about 1800RPM's using one engine to gradually assist the other by leading it a few hundred RPM's higher. After about 4 minutes the slower engine began to pick-up more RPM's. Over distance it came up to normal operating revolutions and has been functioning normally ever since. It's important that air intake filters be very clean and there are no obstructions to air flow into the air filters.

Just a thought. I'm not a technician. Good luck.

pv"

I come here as i had the exact

I come here as i had the exact same problem. After reading i changed the filters on both engines and it worked fine. Thanks alot for your help!!

Back