Logo

Fuel filters

flipflops

hi there i have 2004 6.2mpi f

hi there i have 2004 6.2mpi fwc merc. inbds i change every season my fuel/water separators(screw on canisters) but noticed there is also an metal inlne filter before fuel pump...($54.bucks)X2...do i need to change these everytime i change seperator? and why did they put 2 filters on these engines? thanks

"If you're feeling compuls

"If you're feeling compulsive, you can just remove them and clean them out and replace them.
You should find them to be perfectly clean as the other filter has a finer "mesh". That filter is part of the carb as not all marine engines come with seperator/filters."

MPI is injected. Correct?

T

MPI is injected. Correct?

The fuel/water filter does what is says.It seperates water from fuel. It also trapps particulates.

The filter before the fuel pump is a much finer filter that will capture much finer particulates.

The water seporator does not need replacing every year unless you get water in your fuel and alot of dirt or a lot of hours of use. I would say every 100 hours or so.

The inline fuel filter near the pump is the most critical but probably the one least needed to be replaced. Should last many years of use. I would guess 200-400 hours minimum.

Back