Logo

Flo scan fluctuating 2001 ox66 200 hp

"engine ran perfect however, n

"engine ran perfect however, noticed today on plane flo scan meter was fluctuating between 8-12 gph, should have been about 10 gph.

at idle flow scan also fluctuated between 0-4 gph. normally i burn 2 gph at idle.

thinking it might be the white powdery substance on the vst filter when i got home....i changed the fuel/warier separator (no water found) engine mounted fuel filter and removed and cleaned the vst filter, it was dirty.

with high expectations, started it up on the lift, same problem.

thinking it may be the flow scan sensor (paddle wheel) i called flo scan.

explained all the above to him. he suggested the sensor contact/s may need cleaning. said to remove sensor from filter and plug one end then pour in carb cleaner over night. he said do not use air or put anything else in the cavity.

anybody had a problem with flo scan scan sensors?? or is you money on something else?"

"John, never had a problem wit

"John, never had a problem with my sensor, but since your motor wasn't surging etc, just the meter jumping, the sensor would be the logical conclusion as the first thing to check out..."

"John,
You might check t

"John,
You might check the turbine on/in the fuel line as it may have air getting into or in it, causing the fluctuations. Or you may just need to change the turbine period as it may be faulty. You may also check all of your connections for any looseness or corrosion.
You asked if my monies were on something else, and they are,...For a fraction of the cost of the Flo-Scan, I purchased a Northstar F-210 fuel flow meter and totalizer and in fact have 2 of these, one on each of the boats that I run. One is on an outboard and the other on an inboard. I am very happy with both of them and for $140.00 recommend them all the time to others. Installation is simple and anyone can install them and if need be, to calibrate them (I have not needed to do this on either). Hope this helps.
Jeff"

"thanks guys. the problem tur

"thanks guys. the problem turned out to be the quick disconnect fuel line on the kicker motor, clip was busted and it pulled away from the locked position."

Back