Logo

Power tilt and trim

jasonf

well to start i have never had

well to start i have never had a problem with trim before but was getin ready for fishing trip and motor trim does not work can hear it but motor does not go up or down with switch any help would be appriciated.

"does the solinoids click when

"does the solinoids click when you try to trim the motor? we had to pull the electric motor off one last week and tear it apart. The armature was rusted and the end caps,too. If the motor turns but no hyd. has to be low on fluid or bleeding by the cylinders"

jeff i dont know anything abou

jeff i dont know anything about trim where do you add fluid and also it trimed the motor up but now will not trim down.

"There should be a resivoir wi

"There should be a resivoir with a plug or screw on the side of it about half way down.I'm not sure on your motor but mine says to raise it all the way and remove the plug slowly. If there's pressure on it, it might hit you in the eye. then fill until it runs out the hole and no more, has to have room to fill the res. whenyou lower the motor"

"ok that might be the little s

"ok that might be the little square solinoid. there are two of them some where on your motor. Mine are in a rectagular box on the port (left)side facing toward the front of the boat. just swap them around and see if it will go down, if so buy a new solinoid."

"jason, Maybe it's on the

"jason, Maybe it's on the side. or it might be part of the assembly. keep looking ,its there somewhere. It is probably a larger nut maybe with a slot for a really large screw driver. mine was a cap with a slot in the center of it. my brothers was a large nut with a slot. the res. might be a round one piece with the motor or it might be seperate and sort of rectagular. i'm not sure on your motor"

did you check any connections?

did you check any connections? follow the wires from the switch to the sol. maybe look around the trim motor /cylinders for mashed or cut wires. maybe a connector has corrosion or is a little loose. do you have only one switch? mine has three. if you have one it will be easier.

my brothers had some insulatio

my brothers had some insulation that come off the wires outside the motor where they were routed around between the trim motor and the cowling. ( I think he used some acid cleaner to shine up his pontoons and some got on the wires) you could have a short? I would think the trim motor would be ok if it still runs going up but i'm not sure.

it has two switches one on the

it has two switches one on the motor and one on the console and i traced the wires and they look fine and it still only goes up after the swap

ok sol. is ok does it have a m

ok sol. is ok does it have a manual release? maybe try to lower it manually then raise it with the trim motor

"on the side of the big motor

"on the side of the big motor bracket there is a hole it has a big slot for screw driver, loosen it slowly and it should drop down"

"does your trim cylinder have

"does your trim cylinder have some steel lines coming out of it ?if so they will go to the res. there will be a plug or cap on it to check & add fluid,"

thanks alot finally got motor

thanks alot finally got motor down it is on a pontoon boat do you think it will hurt any thing to just leave it down.

"hey jason, It depends on how

"hey jason, It depends on how high the skeg is from the ground if you have to trailer it or if you wind up in some shallow water and get stuck"

"it may look really high if it

"it may look really high if its on the trailer but you have to take in consideration the distance from the axles to the skeg when going over dips and humps in the road, close to ramp where you park it is probably ok, down the road five miles maybe not."

Back