Logo

Fuel spill

newfiegod

I just winterized my merc 3.0

I just winterized my merc 3.0 and afetr I was done there was a little fuel in under the fuel pump area. I ran the motor and fogged it quite a bit to make sure there was enought in the cylinders. I put fuel stabi;izer in the gas and greased and lubed everything. After I fogged the engine i proceeded to unhook the two blue lines to drain the manifold and block just as the manual says. I let them drain for a while leaving them unhooked and before i was done i put the kill switch in the off position and rolled the engine for a couple seconds to drain any water in the water pump. Turning the engine over in the off position would that cause some fuel to come out of the fuel pump are some how? There is not alot of fuel but there is a little. The boat has 12 hours on it so it is not a ruptured line or anything like that....I checked the lines and tightness of them. Would it be back pressure or something like that?

Don't worry about it. Pul

Don't worry about it. Pull the big hose off the circ. water pump to empty it. Are you adding antifreeze to the engine and manifolds?

no not adding any antifreeze i

no not adding any antifreeze i dont think! The dealership does it for 600 bucks so i decided to skip that part.The service manual says all you have to do is release the two blue hoses and it drains the whole system and that is all they require for extended storage.If I took the thermostat cover off could you pour antifreeze directly in there?

Back