Logo

Gas tank

ghayman

"Question, What would cause a

"Question, What would cause a gas tank develop a hair line crack underneath the tank.The motor has not been trailored on the boat for about twwo months,but the motor has been strated and ran for about 15 minutes every other weekend. 08 3.5 tohatsu 4 stroke. Thanks."

"Only one thing...Impact damag

"Only one thing...Impact damage. But, the damage could have occurred a while back and only now become evident. The usually cause is FedEx dropping the engine during shipment
Regardless, you can take it into a dealer and have them change it out under warranty as a flaw or if you feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can email us you serial number and we will send a tank out to you at no charge."

Click on the name and that wil

Click on the name and that will bring up our email address. We will need your model and serial number as well as your address information.

Thanks for the quick reply.I s

Thanks for the quick reply.I sent you the information.Once again thanks for all the help.Its a great little motor. Gary

Your very welcome. If you have

Your very welcome. If you have any questions about changing it out please let me know. Its a straight forward operation though.

Back