Logo

No fire or intermitent fire

poker_dogs

"What's the matter, no one

"What's the matter, no one willing jump in there and best guess firing problem on my 78 model 115 hp that has been in the drink?"

If that is the in-line model w

If that is the in-line model with a distributor the points and condenser would be the first thing to check.

"Hey everyone, I really apprec

"Hey everyone, I really appreciate all the help, NOT. Seems most everyone else received some help of sorts."

"Patience is a virtue,people m

"Patience is a virtue,people miss posts.Anyway I have no experience of swimming motors and hope never to be daft enough to let it happen,but your mercury tilt switch is attached to the bracket in front of the distributor,small barrel shaped thing with a ground wire to bracket and one,black/yellow to switch box brown from the distributor,disconnect those wires.
I would change the rectifier anyway as it is probably fried.
Test the coil,Rx1 .02-.04 between + n - . Might be a better idea to take it to a shop,any auto shop will be able to test it.
Have you pulled the distributor cap and dried it out? Pull the plug leads,check for continuity,they are threaded and screw out of the cap.
While you have the cap off check the small brush on the spring in the center of the cap as it may have got water damage,I suggest you change it as a matter of course as it a couple of $'s. Good luck"

Back