Logo

Ted Williams 99

denpell

Hi! I am new to the discussion

Hi! I am new to the discussion group and hope to do this right.
I have a Ted Williams 9.9 hp with electronic ignition. I have not been able to locate the tag on it even though it appears to be in good shape. I have hade the motor for a few years and am trying to get it running. I have had it running however it would not run smooth. Acting like the advance was drifting around. when I took a look I have discovered the over-rev-dogs (my description) have broken and the plastic component on the shaft which has the little peices of metal presumably triggering the spark has also lost its integrity. the two black pick-up (again my description) have also sustained some scraping. Once I shut the engine down it will no longer start for obvious reasons. I would like to find out if it is worth fixing and if a manual and parts are available. Where do I begin?

"When it won't start, chec

"When it won't start, check and see if you're getting any spark at all. If there's no spark, it's possible to replace all the ignition components on these engines. CDI Electronics in Madison, AL (on the internet) recently rebuilt the components under the flywheel on my 7.5, and the original Tecumseh ignition coil is no longer available but can easily be replaced with an OMC ignition coil. This article shows how. http://www.ehow.com/how_4887422_solid-state-ignition-eska-outboard.html"

Back