Logo

74Lt 454CID MercCruiser

nstrmn1

"Hello everyone... My first ti

"Hello everyone... My first time here, I hope someone can shed some light. I have a 1989 Searay CC that I replaced the motor with an 8.1. I would like to sell the 7.4 but have no idea how much it's worth. It has a blown head gasket and I had to use the flywheel for the new motor. If anyone can enlighten me I would deeply apreciate it. Thanks"

"If it is a complete with the

"If it is a complete with the manifolds, carb, ignition etc, and ALL it needs is a head gasket.

Depending on the hours of use

I would say $2000 +/-

If you were to redo the head gaskets yourself you could maybe get $3000 +/-"

"salt or fresh water use will

"salt or fresh water use will have a bearing on value as well as the hours (biggest driver). If it has FWC, that will add value, too."

"Thank you for the info, the m

"Thank you for the info, the motor has 560 hrs and everything else is intact. I was offered $500 and thought that was too low. Thanks again"

"$500 is a bit low for a COMPL

"$500 is a bit low for a COMPLETE motor.

If it was only the block then $500 would be about what it is worth if not less. There are a million motors out there if one looks hard enough.

A local person to me had a complete boat for FREE!!,

26 footer with a 1980's 454 with ~ 300 hours on it, inboard with the velvet drive transmission all in working order Boat was in need of a lot of work due to weather exposer but the power package was the key. So they are out there........"

"I am going over everything th

"I am going over everything that is here for this motor. I have brand new heads along with the old heads. Everything is intact. The old heads are already off the motor.560 hrs on the motor, used in saltwater only and has been flushed every year before winter. Where would I go to list it for sale?"

"eBay, Craig's list. Now

"eBay, Craig's list. Now is the time to sell it since somebody needs to replace their engine over the winter."

You can always use the Free Cl

You can always use the Free Classified Button up at the top of this page.

Back