Logo

1950bs 5Hp firestone need help

bait_troller

"I just got what i believe to be a 1950's firestone 5Hp out board
I first cleaned it up and put plugs in it and it fired right up BU
T the robe din't retract so in the process of trying to re rope it "never got it wound any tips" I twisted off the nut on the flywheel there is a few threads still but not enough to put a lock washer and the nut how do i fix that "any help"
the exact year would be good to know to find parts also thanks
293852.jpg
picture"">
293853.jpg
picture"">
293854.jpg
picture

"I can't read what the sma

"I can't read what the small data plate on the left side reads. Doubtful you actually twisted off the flywheel nut. Likely the nut on top of the recoil housing broke. Don't think it will be a 5 HP but not real good with non OMC motors. Think it will go larger due to what looks like a shift handle. Also looks like may be a long shaft. Firestone (the tire company) never really built their own motors. First made by Champion out of Minneapolis, Minnesota which sold out to Scott Atwater. Likely made by Scott- Atwater but West Bend and later Chrysler also made motors for Firestone."

the tag on the motor says
Se

the tag on the motor says
Serial No. 17453418
Code Number. 133-4-1745
Stock Number. 10-A-102
Hp. 5.0
RPM. 4200
the shift Nob is Farward Neutral Reverse

"Model number is 10-A-102 Mad

"Model number is 10-A-102 Made by Scott-Atwater for Firestone. 5HP made in 1954-55 Even I learn somethings everyday. Didn't know Firestone marketed a full shift 5HP. more info maybe available at http://www.scott-atwater.com/"

Back