Logo

Engine Seizure cause

alan

Contributing Member
"As I've mentioned previou

"As I've mentioned previously, our DT115 has seized 4 times over the last 6 or 7 years and so has been rebuilt each time.
We are wondering if a possible cause could be the fact that the fuel suction line hangs vertically in the tank, the strainer on the bottom end is about 1 inch long so that if the fuel level drops below this then the engine is sucking in air and so leaning the mixture.
What do you experts think?"

"Need to warm up engine for 10

"Need to warm up engine for 10 15 min before puting the hamer down. Heats up to quick & swells pistons & causes seizures on cylinder walls. Systhetic 2 stroke oil is much better. [email protected]"

"There is a test to see if the

"There is a test to see if the correct amount of oil is being sent to the engine it can be adjusted. It is outlined in the service manual. [email protected] I am a suzuki Marine dealer If you need a copy of proceedure send e mail address"

"Our Suzuki dealer checked the

"Our Suzuki dealer checked the oil lines, check valves and oil delivery when reassembling it after the previous seizure about 3 summers ago.

This time we had been using the boat in the morning, had a 2 hour break for lunch then went skiing again. Had been running for about 20 minutes at around 4000rpm when it nipped up. Scores are all round the cylinder (not just in line with the gudgeon pin."

Back