Logo

1951 Sea King 12Hp out board

bait_troller

Hello I have a 1951 12 Hp Sea

Hello I have a 1951 12 Hp Sea King out board motor Im trying to find a repair manual.
The motor runs fine but when it is not running it just pours gas out of the carb Its a 2 Stoke and the model number is 15GG 9018

"Most likely the float which i

"Most likely the float which is cork needs to be replaced along with the needle and seat. Use of ethanol blended fuel tends to eat the coating on the cork floats. Try posting over on aomci.org and likely someone can post the parts manual. Motor is made by Gale, a part of OMC. Parts are still available. I just hung a stuck one up on my rack."

Thanks Curt i didn't know

Thanks Curt i didn't know about gale I had been basing all my search on Montgomery Ward I found a manual that is pre 1963 and has gale listed on ebay hope it covers it. I also posted at you sujested site thanks agian. One more Question where do you get your parts I need a few little things like the cable that runs through the stearing arm to go fast or slow? and a carb kit?

You might try here for the car

You might try here for the carb kit. Not sure about the wire. Try posting to the classifieds for the wire.

Back