Logo

Rough Idle Rough on slow take off

catfish1969

"A quick over view I purchased

"A quick over view I purchased a 1996 evenrude 50hp 2 stroke 2 cyl. motor around a month ago. my first trip out it had no power couldn't get over 5 mph. I took it back to the dealer I got it from they cked it out and replaced the power pack. (They did replace it for Free)next trip out it now had power and got up and went, but I know a 2 cyl. may not pur like a kitten , but I feel it idles rougher then it should it also runs rough on slow take off up to around 4 mph. almost like a studder/miss but if you kick it down it will take off and go... they said it has new spark plug wires, coil pack and new plugs which I changed again anyways (Plugs). It has good gas. I did run some sea foam through it no change. it seems to get me out on the river and back but I can't help but feel it's not as right as it should be.and in turn will cause me a problem someday, any input would be great."

"Added Info when I purchsed th

"Added Info when I purchsed this motor I think they said that they had also replaced the stator, however I remember the tech which said they had replaced it saying that if the power pack does not fix the power issuie he would have to replace the stator... could the stator be the rough idle and rough slow speed problem???.."

Your two cylinder engine did s

Your two cylinder engine did shake a bit when the carbies needed a clean and resynch.... but remember the cylinders are firing 180 deg apart so it wont be as smooth as a 3 cylinder etc

Back