Logo

1977 Sears Eska 99 HP Gamefisher stalling

kinner2669

Great forum glad I have joined

Great forum glad I have joined. I bought a 1977 Sears 9.9HP Gamefisher. Just rebuilt carb but engine still stalling. Runs at idle and sounds good (sometimes idles reallh high in idle) When I put into gear runs at low speed but seems to hesitate a little. AS soon as I turn handle past start it stalls out quickly. Soemtimes it will run fast in gear for all of 1 second then stall. Could this be a air in the system problem or carb not set up right? Thanks for your time and I look forward to your replies. I bought this as it was only $75 and looks new. finding that maybe Gamefisher Eska motor are not that reliable and I think next year will buy a Mercury.

"Just tore carb all down again

"Just tore carb all down again. Turns out that little rubber tube should have went in the carb. Thought it was just an extra part and did not have manual on how to do carb. Also bought new plastic tank (old metal one looked like an old ammunition box from world war 2) and decided to put new line and ball on as well. fired up and ran through all cycles. In a bucket anyway. Just trying to convince wife to go out again. Last time I told her I rebuilt it we kind of sputtered around big lake and used trolling motor to get back. Wish me luck
"

Back