Logo

1989 evinrude 25hp

lfish

started good and ran good unti

started good and ran good until letting off the throttle and then died and will not start back . No fire on either plug . Were would I start to look for the problem .

"Pull the black/yellow cable f

"Pull the black/yellow cable from power pack.
If ok, then check stop/emergency stop button.
If still no spark, most likely powerpack."

how do i get the emergency sto

how do i get the emergency stop button out of the throttle handle.where is the power pack.

"You don't have to remove

"You don't have to remove the stop button from the handle to check it. Disconnect the wires where they come out of the handle, under the cowling, that will eliminate the button.

The power pack is attached to the mag plate under the flywheel."

Yes you do. Do you have a fact

Yes you do. Do you have a factory manual for your engine? The manual will have a trouble shooting section to help with problems. It will also have a lot of information that you will need to maintain your engine.

If this problem occoured after moving the throttle I would disconnect the kill wires under the cowling and see if I got spark back. Throttle cable could have rubbed through the insulation on the wires and is shorting out the ign.

"Google ken cook for factory m

"Google ken cook for factory manuals. Cheap and parts cannot be used in the same sentance. There are quite a few on line sites to buy parts, you just have to search them out. You might try this site, go to the top of the page, you can click on parts or manuals."

Back