Logo

91 200xp rude

bassmaster59

Regular Contributor
"new to sight hope i can get s

"new to sight hope i can get some help!my motor is running rough,hiccups,& a sound like sucking noise at times. any ideas? thanks"

"also i tried to find the carb

"also i tried to find the carb adjustment screws, all i could find were orifices. Is this where you adjust the low and high idle?"

"Welcome to the forum...your p

"Welcome to the forum...your particular model do not have idle screws, idle is adjusted via timing, in gear at idle and in the water timing should be set between 4 to 6 degrees
Jump in Dough, familiar story??? Man I love this forum"

"Same problem comes round and

"Same problem comes round and round...
Have you got an OMC factory manual?
Nick is right, timing setting is how to adjust idle...no screws.
With very little to go on, do the basics...compression, spark, and fuel first. Plenty of posts on here detailing out how.....

Go to: http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

and read the second post down..."Top Secret...."

That will get you started."

"thanks guys! no, I don't

"thanks guys! no, I don't have a manuel yet. I've been reading all the posts on therm,verns,compression,plug spark,and timing trying to learn more. I'm preety familiar with my motor(I've had it for 10 years), but I know I have alot more to learn. I guess that's why we have forums,huh? I haven't changed my fuel lines yet, should I? We have such crappy fuel down here. I've always used red sta-bil regularly. I run my bass boat year round,no more than 2 or 3 weeks parked. Recently I put the new blue sta-bil for ethanol in it. Thats when my motor started to screw up. What's your opinion?"

Back