Logo

1968 johnson 55hp no power

thepro

recently i was at the lake cru

recently i was at the lake cruising and my out board started to bog out no power i tried cleaning carbs and nothing finnally when i was at full throttle and engine was surging i covered the intake side of top carb and the engine took off running like a dream as soon as i un coverd my carb it would choke again so i set my choke butterfly to 3/4 closed on the one carb and was crusing around like that for days what would be causing this any help please would be appreciated thanks

no not fuel pump restricting a

no not fuel pump restricting air to top carb and it will run properly remove the restriction runs crappy again carbs were cleaned and check out almost seems like i am pulling to much air after carbs

when you put your hand over th

when you put your hand over the carb you are acting in the same manner as the choke will causing the carbs to pull more air in it may not be fuel related but it needs to be eliminated also if you were running choked it should stall an the amount of gas its getting

also cant choke it completely

also cant choke it completely only about 3/4 and it runs fine let go and it runs like sh*t

You have a fuel restriction in

You have a fuel restriction in the top carb. You need to remove and overhaul carb. Should probably do all carbs at the same time.

Back