Logo

Over flow bottle for outdrive keeps draining slowly

bigdady536

"I was driving my boat and my

"I was driving my boat and my sensor went off so I shut the boat off to check the problem. I saw that i was out of drive oil in the container. So i went to the boat store and pick up the recomended drive oil and filled up the container. As I was driving the boat about 30 minutes later the container was empty again. So i thought maybe it sucked it up and placed it in the needed area, so i filled it again, and it did it again. I did that about 4 times and it became empty every time. i stopped driving my boat for now and wanted to see if anyone had an idea what it could be. Is it suppose to take a certain amount of fluid before it stops becoming empty or do i have a leak and if so where would the leak be comming from. Where should i look. Please let me know because i want to get my boat up and running again. I have had the boat for about 4 years and this is the first incedent that has happened."

"its probably leaking out of o

"its probably leaking out of one (or more) the seals that penetrate the outdrive's perimeter.

If its 'loosing' a full bottle's worth in 30 minutes, I'd think the leak would be readily visible."

Back