Logo

Another Kohler problem

artswarlock

I have a 7.5R Kohler had it ou

I have a 7.5R Kohler had it out of the boat ran fine. Re installed and had some junk in the line pulled and rebuilt carb reinstalled and went to crank and nothing I get a red light on the board but no 12v to solenoid. All sensors fuses and voltage is OK. I'm thinking the board is bad as the relays are attached. Anybody know where to get one. Thanks

"If you don't mind, what w

"If you don't mind, what was the price of the board from Kohler. I may have to replace mine.

Chuck Hanson"

"There are three wires that co

"There are three wires that connects to each of three sensors in the safety shutdown system. One is the low oil pressure switch, another is to the high water temperature switch and the third is to the high head temperature switch. There is a foutrh wire that goes to the electrical automatic choke. I found out the hard way that if you short the one that goes to the choke to ground, it will burn the printed wires on the back of the controller circuit board.

Something likely happened to fry the board. I suspect a short.

I also found that you can solder a jumper wire in the place of the printed circuits and you are back in business. You might consider doing that on your old one so you will have a spare. if it happened once it may happen again. I have had my for 21 years and this is the first time.

Happy boating; which means having a working generator that is dependable.

Chuck Hanson"

"Well The Generator finally li

"Well The Generator finally lives!!! I had a great repair person come out and found a bad rotor. I had also fried the board with the choke wire,replaced board,rebuilt carb replaced fuel pump and it still wouldn't go. I think I'm gonna take his advice and not mess with it myself again. Although If I haden't been frustrated I might have checked everything before starting to jumper everything."

Back