Logo

1992 Evenrude 50HP

miles777

"1992 50 HP Evenrude: When run

"1992 50 HP Evenrude: When running, the motor warning tone sounds off; 1 short tone every 20 seconds. The engine will not run at middle to higher speeds, just shakes & sputters. Runs fine at idle and slow speed. What does this warning tone indicate ?"

"1992 Evenrude 50 HP; where c

"1992 Evenrude 50 HP; where can I obtain a copy of the motor warning signals description. I lost the one that came with OB motor, and now I have a warning signal tone that something is wrong with the engine. One short tone every 20 seconds.
What does this mean ?"

"Tony, Thanks. The separate o

"Tony, Thanks. The separate oil reservoir tank is 3/4 full, so I am to believe there is something wrong then with the automatic oil injector to supply sufficient oil to the engine. I had a similar problem a few years ago, and since then I have always mixed 4 oz. of oil directly with the 5 gal. gas tank. Is this a problem within the motor, or is it within the oil tank reservoir ?"

"Probably the float in the oil

"Probably the float in the oil tank, but could also be a shorted wire. I think the warning for the VRO pump is rapid, short bursts."

"i do not think,'low oil&#

"i do not think,'low oil' in tank,would set of 'SLOW'..unless,..bad blocking diode....'rare'...NO oil...apparently does,..i have yet to test it,it is not in service manuals,..but,..i dont doubt it,..it should,go into slow,..if system thinks u r rec no oil...i would get to the bottom of this,..before u fry a pwrhd."

"a simple fix,is to premix...d

"a simple fix,is to premix...disc the oiling system...the oiling system MUST be maintained,.....MOST,..are not..."

Back