Logo

Charging system 25HP

Regular Contributor
"hi all i have a 82 25hp elecr

"hi all i have a 82 25hp elecric start,with starter button on side of lower cowl,how would i hook up charging system to this,has no rectifier,no block strip,no harness with cannon plug,need to know what i need and how to wire it in,thanx"

"From what I can see, the elec

"From what I can see, the electric start models all had a charging system. Maybe you have an engine that was converted to electric start.

You have to see which stator you have. If it has three yellow wires it will charge a battery. If not you will need a stator and rectifier.

There are three yellow wires from the stator to the rectifier. One is yellow, one has a grey stripe, and one has a blue stripe. They connect to corresponding wires on the rectifier. The red wire from the rectifier goes to the positive battery cable on the solonoid."

"the only wires from under fly

"the only wires from under flywheel is 4 from timer base,and plug into power pack"

"in that case,...u will need t

"in that case,...u will need the charging coil,a rectifier,and associated wiring...look at shop.evinrude.com find one of ur yr,and pick appropriate parts."

"u actually may have to chg a

"u actually may have to chg a few things,...if i were you,..i'd just keep a GOOD,..HOT batt,on-board...but,..it can be done..."

"i actually put a chg system o

"i actually put a chg system on my 25,mid 80's,w/the above parts..,mine was originally,rope start only,and i also added elect start .so the 'stator' assm is diff,between the 2."

"The parts book shows the elec

"The parts book shows the electric models with a stator that both charges a battery and charges the ignition. It shows only one flywheel.

So, you would probably need just the stator and regulator/rectifier."

Back