Logo

Spit and sputter

ron300

"1994 3.0 electronic ing. when

"1994 3.0 electronic ing. when cold, motor starts good. I let it warm up and when I accelerate it spits and sputters.I ease on the throttle and it takes off, and runs good to full speed. after it is warm. I hit the throttle and it seems like it has too much fuel for a few seconds and then takes off fine. I replaced coil, ing. module, rotor, dis. cap,spark plugs, soaked carb, put in new acc. pump,needle and seat, and idle scew.Put in a water seperator in line, premium fuel idles fine. HELP"

Set the timing? Does the acce

Set the timing? Does the accellerator pump lever have multiple holes in it for different amts. of fuel delivered per pump stroke?

"Timing is 1 degree out, acc.

"Timing is 1 degree out, acc. lever at highest setting. I did not change spark plug wires? Everybody I talk to say carb, but seems to be worse after electronic componets were changed, I am grasping at straws here ."

"...lever at highest setti

"...lever at highest setting."

Change to the lowest setting for more fuel per throttle pull.

"Timing is 1 degree out..."

Set it to specs.

I set the timing and changed t

I set the timing and changed the setting on the acc.pump. Did not help. Another person suggested spraying Wd 40 on the intake manifold to see if there is a leaking gasket which would cause the acc. problem. will try in a few days (busy swathing)

Try advancing the timing a few

Try advancing the timing a few degrees over its current setting and see if the condition changes.

"I changed the timing, did not

"I changed the timing, did not help. there is a coil under the distributer and it looks like it is burnt a little.Ordered new one.Is this a possiblity.The more people I talk to they say this a timing advance issue."

"I believe you have a digital

"I believe you have a digital ignition. EST I think.

You have to remove the distrbutor and dissassemble to replace the part you are looking at replacing.

293769.jpg
"

Back