Logo

1988 VRO 90 HP johnson kill switch

dazieff

The kill switch on my friends

The kill switch on my friends johnson 90 HP is not working you have to pull cover off and push it with your finger to get engine to run .How can I disconected it all together thanks dazieff

"The ignition is turned off by

"The ignition is turned off by grounding the, black/yellow stripe, wire which you should find connected to one of the "M" terminals on the ignition switch. Depending on how your remote is set up, and exactly where the ignition switch and kill switch are located, the kill switch can be wired in slightly different ways.

In a side mount remote for instance, you could open up the box and simply cut or disconnect the wires to the kill switch. If cut, insulate any bare ends you leave in there.

If the switches are dash mounted, things might look different, but the concept is the same. The kill switch will be wired into that black/yellow wire somewhere, if not at the ignition switch.

If the wiring has been worked on over the years, the wire colors may be different."

Thats what I thought At first

Thats what I thought At first when I would hold it then release the motor would take A few seconds to stop between 5to 10 seconds.After A few times I would have to push harder to let motor start.Now I have to push A coule times before it will start thanks dazieff

"The kill switch is a major sa

"The kill switch is a major safty item. I think I would repair it properly, replace if necessary. Just a thought."

Back