Logo

Trim problems and starter problems

shagbert44

"Hello all, need some help we

"Hello all, need some help we went out fishing yesterday launched the boat trimmed motor down fired it up and off we went like normal, well when we got to the grounds I went to trim the motor up and nothing just a clicking in behind the motor where there are 2 sellonoids. So I fired up the kicker and we started trolling well a few minutes went by and i tried it again it came up a bit then stopped again, so then went to start the big motor to move and the starter wouldn't engage either would spin a bit but not all the time? Off and on throughout the day the trim would work then stop again? Also when I spun the bendix up then dropped it again it would fire sometimes but then wouldn't engage again? Like the trim. I checked all the conections they seem ok and the bateries are running close to 13 volts so they are good, are the trim sellonoid and the starter one the same ones? Funny how they both act up at the same time? Please any help.

Ryan"

If you are sure all connection

If you are sure all connections are clean and tight have the battery load tested.

"So I pulled a couple of leads

"So I pulled a couple of leads that went to the sellonoid from the trim wires and it seems to work fine for now. Went to turn the engine over and the bendex was spinning then jumped, the wouldn't again. I hit it with some WD-40 and it is working better but not everytime you hit the key, sometimes it takes a couple of turns then it goes? Would this suggest the starter is weak? Seems to be lots of volts to it batteries are coming in at between 12 and 13 volts."

Back