Logo

94 115 hp Mariner 2stroke 4cyl

"So i guess 11.5gph isn't

"So i guess 11.5gph isn't that good? right?

I'm going to be 95% using the boat for fishing (with engine off or trolling)so would rather it be economical rather than really fast .All things being equal what type motor should i get. A 2stroke 2cyl ,4stoke 4cylinder etc.... thanks"

"Mario, rule of thumb on ANY o

"Mario, rule of thumb on ANY outboard (even all the hype about how much more efficient 4 strokes are)

Take the horsepower and divide it by 10 - that will give you the GPH burned at wide open throttle (if the motor is matched to the hull).

At 2/3's throttle, often referred to as "cruise speed" (usually somewhere around the 4000 rpm range), you will burn about 40-45% of max fuel consumption, so in the case of a 115, about 5 gph.

And your MPG decreases when running above AND below cruise speed. When trolling your GPH is down, but so is your MPG. Your best fuel economy is always at cruise speed.

Horsepower costs you money in gas that's just a fact of life..."

"Here's 3 actual "on w

"Here's 3 actual "on water" tests - same boat rigged three different times.

First motor, 150 horse 2 stroke Yami - second, 150 horse DFI 2 stroke Optimax, third, a 150 4 stroke Honda.

So tell me again how much more fuel efficient 4 strokes are.......

292530.jpg

292531.jpg

292532.jpg
"

"wow thanks for the feedback.

"wow thanks for the feedback. As you can tell i'm new to boating ,even though i'm familiar with auto engines i'm not with the technology of these "smaller" ones. Thanks alot for all your help."

"Ah, that 7.45 MPG Honda beats

"Ah, that 7.45 MPG Honda beats both the 4.4 MPG Merc and the 4.8 MPG Yamaha. And that's all that really matters nowadays, MPG.

Note that, at the same speed, the Honda still gets better MPG, about 5.5. Still, I wonder how long all those unnecessary reciprocating, rotating and clattering parts in the 4 stroke will last--especially at 6,000 rpms!

Jeff

PS: I'd love to see E-Tech numbers."

can someone please help i have

can someone please help i have a 1150 merc inline 6 ser#4736578 i think it's a 1977 the problem is i need carb kit.the one they show does not look like mine. the one that looks like mine is in the s/n bracket6436123 and up. the numbers on my carb are WMK18-3 and 1398-5677mercarb please help thanks.

------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can someone please help i have a 1150 merc inline 6 ser#4736578 i think it's a 1977 the problem is i need carb kit.the one they show does not look like mine. the one

Back