Logo

Compression issue in 4 stroke suzuki when unable to start

justacastaway

"<font face=""verdana,aria

"<font face=""verdana,arial,helvetica""><font size=""+1"">I have been having trouble start my 2004 70hp 4 stroke suzuki. After running the engine for a while and then shutting if off, I am unable to start it until it cools down. My friend was with me when this happened and he said it was just like his 4 stroke dirt bike. On the dirtbike the fix was a compression release valve to release the pressure that had built up in the engine, so that the pistons could fire. Has anyone heard of this and has suzuki said anything about this? Maybe this is also what is causing the fuel to flow out of the engine, due to the pressure. Thanks for anything you can think of!</font></font>"

"<font color=""000000""><font

"<font color=""000000""><font face=""verdana,arial,helvetica""><font size=""+1"">It did seem to be hot, but definately not out of oil. We can use it all day as long as we don't shut it off, but if we do, we wait 60-90 minutes for it to be able to turn over again.</font></font></font>"

Does it crank over as fast as

Does it crank over as fast as it does when cold? If it's cranking slower it might just be the starter. If so try cooling the starter. If it starts right up. Problem solved.

Back