Logo

Possibly flooded

mschwenz

Contributing Member
"my 2001 3.0L has been runnig

"my 2001 3.0L has been runnig great all summer and still does but every now and then the thing wont start, usually after it has been running and shut off for 5-10 minutes... 30 minutes to an hour later she will start up again same as usual. I suspect that there is a flooding issue but this happens so rarely. But very annoying when you are out on the bay. any ideas guys?"

"yeah i always have to just op

"yeah i always have to just open it a tad to start her but she starts up right away. I tried WOT when it didnt start too, the only thing i got was when i dropped it off WOT it stumped but didnt turn over..."

What is the position of the ch

What is the position of the choke plate when it won't start? Did you check for spark?

i didnt get the flame arrestor

i didnt get the flame arrestor off when it didnt start last so not sure on that... and ill check for spark next time.. any specific way to do so..

"Take an old spark plug in dec

"Take an old spark plug in decent shape, remove one of the plug wires, insert the old plug and lay it on the engine block to ground the plug. Crank the engine and look for a bright white to blue spark. Weak yellow to orange spark is not good. Or buy a spark tester. I have one that looks like a pen that is held next to the wire. Spark causes it to flash inside the glass pen."

Back