Regular Contributor
"TAMD40A
280SP
26ft

Servi

"TAMD40A
280SP
26ft

Serviced my turbo/aftercooler air lines, and sealed several small air leaks. In the process, removed aftercooler to replace gaskets and clean it out. Installed it all back, and added 1/2 gal of fresh coolant. Boat gained 2-3mph with tighter compressed airflow (compared to same RPM before), but I am now running 210F with load at cruise (used to be 190-195F). Tried running with overflow canister cap off, to get rid of air pockets, added another 1/2 gal of coolant after it gurgled out some air/coolant. Coolant cap is brand new. Where to look?

I also had oil pressure warning light come on out of the blue, even though my pressure gauge showed good oil pressure?? Disconnected the warning lamp sender plug, ran for an hour afterwards keeping an eye on the pressure and it was fine. How can I troubleshoot the warning lamp thing?

Thanks in advance"

"PS: Oil system has 2.5 gal of

"PS: Oil system has 2.5 gal of fresh oil in it, and there are no apparent leaks on the engine, and no traces of oil in the bilge."

"I fabricated wooden wedge and

"I fabricated wooden wedge and stuck it between the HX end cap and aftercooler housing, to prevent flexing of the end cap. I also vented the coolant line @ the turbocharger banjo. I will test it this weekend to see if the operating temp goes down.

I also connected the oil pressure warning switch, found out that any time pressure drops below 7PSI the alarm is triggered....it used to be 15PSI, but false warnings were driving owners crazy so Volvo lowered the threshold."

Back