Logo

Trim stuck down

mercurymark

Contributing Member
"150 black max has been sittin

"150 black max has been sitting up for a few months now but have been running it every month or so and has been starting nicely but i now cant trim it up from the very bottom position, it just goes click if i go either way. Tried fully charging the battery but no use. I want to get to the power trim motor to check connections but it is all obstructed by the engine now. How can i manually get it back up, considered removing the fluid screw on the side to relieve the hydraulic pressure but noticed the warning sign about high pressure in down position. Any advice gratefully recieved. Also if the boat is to be laid up for a period is it a bad idea leaving it down or should it be tilted right up and rested on the stay.
Thanks in advance."

"There is a vent/manual releas

"There is a vent/manual release screw to be loosened. If the engine is in mid travel there is pressure there, if all the way down your ok. Sounds like the pump motor has a bad spot on it, giving it a light touch with a rubber mallet and pushing the up switch might get it going before you try the release screw."

Thanks for that. At has happen

Thanks for that. At has happened before and a slight calibrated hammer adjustment worked but i cant get to it now as the leg is inthe way. What are the implications of releasing the screw. Boat needs some servicing anyway so woiuld i have to replace the fluid

Back