Logo

Kad44 starting Problem

airbvi

"I just bought three volvo kad

"I just bought three volvo kad44. the mechanic replaced the starboard engine into another boat. he replaced all the wiring and harnesses, but the engine would'nt start. we changed the starter and solonoid but it swings when started from the starter but only gives a clicking sound when started from the ignition. The mechanic believed all the wiring is correct. We are left befuddled by this problem, can someone HELP me PLEASE,i really need some help!!!"

Hi
Could be start relay in el

Hi
Could be start relay in electric's box???.Check all cables to and from.When he replaced all of the wiring do you mean engine loom aswell? Theres a difference between 44A's and B's looms?

"The wiring that he replaced w

"The wiring that he replaced was those from the panel, throttle,and those running to and from the ECU box.
We have change the starter relay and the starter motor and we have gotten the same response, just a clicking sound. i was told that it could be errors in the ecu that has to be cleared by caliberating the actuator.
Still hoping and checking"

"Couple of things?
What is cl

"Couple of things?
What is clicking the starter or the starter relay?
What model 44 have you got A/B/C?
If you have 44A/B, try moving the power supply cables for the shift actuator on the starter posts to the EDC supply post infront of the starter and try?
Try disconncting the shift cable at the actuator and then try?
Do you have any fault codes present after try to start?
need a bit more info about controls head type/which button pack/is the neutral light on/may have to press active station button first?
You should be able to recalibrate and erase any codes from button pack
Good luck"

Back