Logo

COMPLETE SHUTDOWN

debonzero

"1984 CHAMPION w/150 MERC, ser

"1984 CHAMPION w/150 MERC, serial #6501746, I've owned this baby for 4 years & she's been real dependable. Everytime I've taken her out she's run real strong. If there's a problem, it's usually a quick fix, like a switch, a bulb or just an adjustment of some kind. Anyway, while I was bringing the motor down using the trim/tilt switch located on the side panel next to the control shift box, my buddy mistakely was doing the same thing with the trim/tilt switch located at the bow of the boat. NOT GOOD, doing this caused us to lose all power, everything shut down real quick. Could'nt do much out on the water, so after getting her home I tested & got 'continuity'at all of my switches, to include the trailer switch on the control shift box. The Voltage at the (2) batteries were strong, both the 20A & 90A fuses next to the trim pump, & the 20A inline fuse by the head were still good. I sure would appreciate any suggestions you might have on what I should do next. THANKS,PETE}}}}"

"I apologize, I should have be

"I apologize, I should have been more thorough. The boat was stopped, motor up. Decided to fish somewhere else - motor was still off as I was lowering it into the water with the switch at the side panel next to the the control box - my buddy thought he should lower it & started flipping the switch at the bow, not knowing I was already lowering it. When the switch was flipped at the bow is when we lost the power, I turned the ignition switch on to see if I had at least some power & there was nothing, no click no nothing. Kill switch is good."

Back