Logo

1974 235 OMC 351W

halfcard

"This motor is, was sitting in

"This motor is, was sitting in a 1974 Sleekcraft 21ft. by Nescher. The last owner let the block freeze, crack is under the intake on the right side goes clean to the head. Could somebody please point me in the right direction to keep me from getting ripped off. Just don't know what route to take. Thank you Mike"

"Mike,
Just what is it you&#3

"Mike,
Just what is it you're asking? If the block is cracked you're pretty much looking at replacing the powerhead or motor."

"Thanks for the reply, Could y

"Thanks for the reply, Could you tell me the difference of a omc block and car or truck block."

"Mike:

There are plenty of

"Mike:

There are plenty of posts on several board going into the differences. Most are driven by safety factors associated with using gasoline in a boat. Some are material differences, to ensure reasonable length of use.

If your block is cracked, you don't have any core value. If all the bolt-ons are original, they are probably not worth swapping to another block...35 years is a long time in a boat. It would be cheaper to buy a complete marine engine, either new or used.

Check with a larger local marina and see if they have any trade-ins from repowers. You may probably find some on e-bay or craigslist, too. The local papers are another option...some have found reasonable deals by internet searches."

"Check With Your Machine Shop

"Check With Your Machine Shop in Your Area, They Can Rebuild For You With Another Block, Auto Block Ok If You Get The Right One, And Change Out All Your Marine Parts, And Build Back Marine
Good Luck Frankie
[email protected]"

Back